Volunteers are needed to help with daily, weekly, and special projects. The gardens have no paid staff and all garden duties, administration, and maintenance is performed by members and volunteers. The initial fund-raising and building phase of each garden will require the most volunteer hours. Volunteer hours can be logged and applied at a rate of $1/hour in exchange for membership dues.
Specific areas of volunteer work include, but are not limited to:
- Promotion- Website maintenance, photography, writing press releases, Facebook, Newsletter, etc.
- Public Outreach - Community (potential members), schools, like-mission organizations, farmer’s market booth.
- Garnering of Funds and Materials - Grant Writing, requesting donations from businesses such as Lowes, Home Depot, and Seed Companies, just to name a few.
- Art/Marketing - Logo, signage, etc.
- Administration - Circulation, collection, and filing of documents, management of memberships, upkeep of bulletin boards.
- Site - Clean-up/Weed control
- Earth Labor - Mechanic tilling and/or manual turning of soil; turning in amendments; digging of holes for trees.
- Gathering Materials - Compost, soil amendments, construction materials, etc. (Use of a Truck).
- Compost Maintenance
- Masonry - Foundations, pathways, etc.
- Carpentry - Raised beds, benches, gazebo, greenhouse shelving, worm bins, etc.
- Education - Garden Workshops Teaching.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out this form with your desired area(s) of attention, and your availability. The Steering Committee Volunteer Coordinator will contact you.